Interactive Voice Response (IVR) solutions built with Pronexus VBVoice™ IVR software have been used by our retail customers and partners serving this market to create and deploy IVR applications including:
- Auto-attendants: Many of our retail customers use a voice-driven auto-attendant IVR built by VBVoice to direct telephone calls to the appropriate extension based on selections made by the caller. They replace or help human operators by greeting the caller with a welcome message and routing the call to the right destination. Auto-attendants can also be integrated with a number of call management functions, for example an automatic call distributor (ACD).
- Bill reminders: A solution developed with VBVoice can help retailers selling post-paid products and services call overdue accounts and remind them that their bill/payment is late.
- Employee and customer notifications: Retailers are looking for a solution that is able to quickly deliver time-critical information to customers and employees located anywhere at any time. IVR applications built with VBVoice enable the delivery of time sensitive information, such as sales announcements, holiday hours and employee scheduling changes.
- Customer self-service: Increasingly, retailers are looking for ways to simplify incoming phone call procedures and save money in overhead costs. An IVR application built with VBVoice helps our customers become more productive by letting the phone system gather caller information, verify caller identity and determine the best service representative to handle the request.
- Customer surveys: Survey IVRs developed with VBVoice are a simple and cost-effective way for retailers to automatically survey customers by phone after sales transactions, etc. Respondents can either dial in to complete the surveys or a dialer can make outbound calls to the respondents. No person or agent is required to talk with the contacted party, who in turn simply listens to the recorded survey and presses their dial pad to record their response.
- Inventory and reporting: Retailers leverage IVR solutions to enable remote vendors, stores, and employees to report inventory and sales information from any wireless phone.
- Store locator & order status: Retailers can utilize a self-service IVR developed with VBVoice to allow callers to access information such as store locations, hours and order status. It is easily 200 to 300 per cent more expensive to have a life agent handle a call than an IVR. It typically costs 25 cents or less for an IVR interaction versus $5 to $7 for an agent.
- Custom IVR: VBVoice makes it easy for developers to create custom IVR applications for any project.
IVR Advantages for Retail
IVR applications built by VBVoice suit the special requirements of retailers for the following reasons:
- The Language control in VBVoice allows you to develop multilingual retail IVR applications without re-writing the call-flow so that you can communicate with residents who speak various languages. It supports English, French, Spanish, Italian, Hindi, Japanese, German, or any user-defined language. System prompts are included for the built-in languages.
- VBVoice leverags industry-standard programming language that developers already know. Programming in VB, VB.NET, C#, eliminates the need to learn proprietary languages and shortens the learning curve.
- VBVoice offers completely customizable voice controls. Functionality of all controls can be customized by adding VB, VB.NET or C# code to the events for an IVR solution built specific for the needs of your office.
- VBVoice allows developing IVR solutions with industry-standard support for call routing, status, and transferring to the appropriate department or agent.