Interactive Voice Response (IVR) solutions built with Pronexus VBVoice™ IVR software have been used by our healthcare customers and partners serving this market to create and deploy IVR applications including:
- Auto-attendants: Many of our healthcare customers use a voice-driven auto-attendant IVR built by VBVoice to direct telephone calls to the appropriate extension based on selections made by the caller. They replace or help human operators by greeting the caller with a welcome message and routing the call to the right destination. Auto-attendants can also be integrated with a number of call management functions, for example an automatic call distributor (ACD).
- Customer self-service: Increasingly, healthcare providers are looking for ways to simplify incoming phone call procedures and save money in overhead costs. An IVR application built by VBVoice helps our customers become more productive by letting the phone system gather caller information, verify caller identity and determine the best service representative to handle the request.
- Patient notifications: Most healthcare providers are looking for a solution to deliver time-critical information via outbound calls to any desk or wireless phone. A solution built by VBVoice can be used to inform and remind patients of appointments, schedule openings, and medication requirements. Additionally, an option can be provided to contact someone from your medical staff by pressing a touch phone response in which case the dialer will transfer the call.
- Drug-trial data capture: IVR is increasingly being used as a method to manage clinical drug trials as it reduces the costs involved with clinical trials and shortens the time necessary to bring the drug to market.
- Custom IVR: VBVoice makes it easy to create custom IVR applications for any project.
IVR Advantages for Healthcare
IVR applications built by VBVoice suit the special requirements of healthcare IVR solutions for the following reasons:
- The Language control in VBVoice allows you to develop multilingual healthcare IVR applications without re-writing the call-flow. It supports English, French, Spanish, Italian, Hindi, Japanese, German, or any user-defined language. System prompts are included for the built-in languages.
- VBVoice leverages industry-standard programming language that healthcare systems developers already know. Programming in VB, VB.NET, C#, eliminates the need to learn proprietary languages and shortens the learning curve.
- VBVoice offers completely customizable voice controls. Functionality of all controls can be customized by adding VB, VB.NET or C# code to the events for a healthcare IVR solution built specific for your needs.
- VBVoice allows for the development of IVR solutions with industry-standard support for call routing, status, and transferring to the appropriate hospital, doctor, service provider, or support agent.