Pronexus VBVoice™ Interactive Voice Response (IVR) software has been used by our banking customers and partners to create and deploy IVR applications including:
- Auto-attendants: Many of our banking customers use a voice-driven auto-attendant IVR built by VBVoice to direct telephone calls to the appropriate extension based on selections made by the caller. They replace or help human operators by greeting the caller with a welcome message and routing the call to the right destination. Auto-attendants can also be integrated with a number of call management functions, for example an automatic call distributor (ACD).
- Bill payment: A banking IVR solution developed with VBVoice can allow callers to pay their bills by any telephone, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Branch locator: Banks can utilize an IVR by allowing callers to access information such as branch, and operational hours. It is easily 200 to 300 per cent more expensive to have a live agent handle a call than an IVR. It typically costs 25 cents or less for an IVR interaction versus $5 to $7 for an agent.
- Custom IVR: VBVoice makes it easy for developers to create custom banking IVR applications for any project.
- Self-Service IVR: Increasingly, banks are looking for ways to simplify incoming phone call procedures and save money in overhead costs. An IVR application built by VBVoice helps our customers become more productive by letting the phone system gather caller information, and allowing the caller to retrieve banking information. A Self-Service IVR also allows the caller to perform day-to-day banking functions such as transferring funds and requesting an updated balance.
IVR Advantages for Banks
IVR applications built by VBVoice suit the special requirements of banking IVR solutions for the following reasons:
- The Language control in VBVoice allows you to develop multilingual banking IVR applications without re-writing the call-flow. It supports English, French, Spanish, Italian, Hindi, Japanese, German, or any user-defined language. System prompts are included for the built-in languages.
- VBVoice leverages industry-standard programming language that banking IVR developers already know. Programming in VB, VB.NET, C#, eliminates the need to learn proprietary languages and shortens the learning curve.
- VBVoice offers completely customizable voice controls. Functionality of all controls can be customized by adding VB, VB.NET or C# code to the events for an IVR solution built specific for your needs.
- VBVoice allows for the development of IVR solutions with industry-standard support for call routing, status, and transferring to the appropriate department or agent.